The above video brings you the water assembly demonstration by Five FANUC M-1iA/0.5A robots. An M-1iA is a six-axis robot with compact and lightweight design. The parallel-link structure helps it to perform high-speed and accurate operations than other traditional robots.
In water meter assembly (shown in the above video), there are a total of five stages. The components to be assembled are kept in a conveyor, which moves from left to right.
- At the first stage of the assembly, the robot uses iRVision to locate the pin insertion.
- In the second stage, the iRVision helps to discover and locate gears in the sub assembly.
- The third stage is similar to the second stage in which the fourth and fifth gears are meshed in the sub assembly.
- In the fourth stage, the iRVision will help the robot to locate the insertion of two springs in the sockets.
- During the final stage, the robot is fixed with a camera and iRVision will inspect each insertion point to ensure complete assembly.
The M1iA robot from FANUC is very impressive in its design and features. Overall, M1iA robot can be a best solution for high-speed part handling, pick and place, assembly, and packaging applications.